View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 11:48 AM
BUX7PHX

vCash: 500
As for little pieces of the game - 1st period was very rocky. Up and down all the way through. Dallas did change something up in it's neutral zone formations and forechecking that I think through us for a little loop - hence, the forced plays. Guys not talking - we dump around the boards, and two players don't talk. Each one thinks the other is going to get it, and we wind up flubbing it.

Whatever Tip said between the 1st and 2nd, let's hope it rings through for about the next 70+ days....

Like Nick Johnson a lot - he just fits here well. Compares somewhat to Winnik, but a little bigger to work underneath the circles and on the crease.

PP entries have been a lot better this year. Still think that we need to be better in setting up the entry as we bring the puck through the neutral zone, but from center line in to our offensive end, we've been getting the puck in (and staying in) for a much longer period of time.

Torres played well - think he is still holding back some, and players are going to use that to get under his skin. Play hard, but not reckless, and it will calm. A lot going on his shoulders in the first game back, and thought he handled the situation extremely well...

I give Smith a pass on one of the assist attempts that led to the icing - but not the 2nd. He also played the puck in an awkward area in the 2nd - I stopped being nervous about Smith playing the puck about 30 games in last year, and this was the first one I had reservations about since

Just keep doing what we are doing and play effectively in transition. The number of shots on goal is great, but it may have also led to the easy goals in transition and turning the puck over in the first 6 games or so...

BUX7PHX is offline   Reply With Quote