View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 02:04 PM
original islander

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDenisPotvin View Post
I said it before the season, i think the shortened season and the lack of a preseason helps the islanders....anyone here over the age of 30 can tell you that recovering in your 30's takes alot more time than when you were in your 20's...the isles for the most part are extremely young...also alot of teams made changes to there lineup which will take time for chemisty, the islanders did not so for once the lack of many FA signing help the isles IMO. They already know how to play together...not as much of a learning curve...the big shock to me is the last minute waiver wire pickups that have fit in extremely well.
You're definitely right on all points especially the age and chemistry factors. The waiver wire pickups I thought would originally help with depth if there were injuries but they have done more than that.

We have to give credit to Garth and Jack for being prepared. Hopefully, they reward us with a nice winning streak like Matt Martin the poster and probably the player wants as well. The time is right.

original islander is offline   Reply With Quote