View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

vCash: 4057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic412 View Post
Is this the same Boychuk that played for you guys? He might be our #3 overall winger behind Neal and Kunitz. Not the strongest guy on the puck but he showed great skill in the offensive zone. Regardless he seems like he deserves to play in the NHL. Curious to hear if any Canes fans watched the game this afternoon? Thoughts and opinions.
I never really knew what the coaching staff was doing. I always assumed the lack of playing time was due to a lack of effort in practice, because I always thought that he looked like he at least belonged when he played on the top line. The production was never there but he also never played more than a game or two in a row on the top line without Maurice sending him to the 4th line/press box.

I didn't get the chance to catch the game, but I've heard enough things by now to know he played well. Apparently he got a boarding penalty, which means he hit someone (although Ribeiro may be the only player in the league that's softer). Seems like a combo of us giving up a halfway decent player and Boychuk stepping up his game in a new environment.

Hope he works out for you guys, we'll trade you our 2013 1st for him at the deadline, I'm sure...

Anton Dubinchuk is offline   Reply With Quote