Thread: Lindros To LA?
View Single Post
Old
07-03-2006, 01:39 AM
Osprey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Think harder. He is a huge risk in the sense that he will be considered to fill an important role on the team and the likelihood of him getting hurt is very high. That is why it is a risk to sign him to a deal, regardless of the price or length, the spot he would be expected to fill would have to be replaced should he get injured.
Unfortunately, you're right, and this is what happened with JR last season. He was counted on to be the #1 center. When he proved to be ineffective, Conroy had to become the #1. Roenick wasn't suitable as a #2, either, so the 2nd line faltered and the 1st line was the only line that produced. I think that there'd be less risk this time around, though, since the team has twice as many centers as they need. Lindros probably wouldn't be much of a risk, but he wouldn't be early choice of mine. Ask me again if/when Shanahan and any other more-desirable options are scooped up by other team and I'll probably give a different answer. I wouldn't object at all if he were one of few options remaining. The same goes for Nolan, for that matter.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote