View Single Post
Old
07-03-2006, 01:55 AM
Kingz4life

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Unfortunately, you're right, and this is what happened with JR last season. He was counted on to be the #1 center. When he proved to be ineffective, Conroy had to become the #1. Roenick wasn't suitable as a #2, either, so the 2nd line faltered and the 1st line was the only line that produced. I think that there'd be less risk this time around, though, since the team has twice as many centers as they need. Lindros probably wouldn't be much of a risk, but he wouldn't be early choice of mine. Ask me again if/when Shanahan and any other more-desirable options are scooped up by other team and I'll probably give a different answer. I wouldn't object at all if he were one of few options remaining. The same goes for Nolan, for that matter.
I think getting Lindros is more of a similar situation to Bure. We signed Bure for 1.5 million which would have been a good deal if he had played but he didn't. There's a huge risk that the same situation would occur if we sign Lindros. Luckily the contract was low but we could have used that 1.5 on someone else. I would love to get Lindros IF, we also get a player like Shanahan. He is way to injury prone to rely on him to help carry a team for a whole season.

Kingz4life is offline   Reply With Quote