Thread: Prospect Info: 2013 NHL Entry Draft
View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 03:33 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
I think the more important thing in my mind is whether we have or will have a proper system in place that can help him develop and fulfill his potential- even if he is Zubov-, Pronger-, or Chara-esque. Seeing three recently drafted d-men (Grossmann, Fistric, and Niskanen) playing on other teams does not make me very optimistic about that.
I don't want to look that far ahead since I still believe Jones is just a beautiful, beautiful pipe dream.

Regarding the current D players, picks, and future draft picks, you're right, but as I said in a different thread, is it just the system? They've changed 3 times since they've started pumping out mediocre defender after mediocre defender.

I'd hate to say it's the scouts because they've done such a good job, but maybe they are really good at identifying forwards and not so much with D.

Was it Bernhardt that struggled selecting the right D (Fistric vs. Green)? He was fired three months after the Oleksiak (2011) draft, but if he was fired for Glennie and Campbell as the media and fans have speculated, it's conceivable he wasn't nearly as involved in that draft. So can we start calling the 2011 drafts and beyond the Jackson picks?