View Single Post
02-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Power Forward
vCash: 500
Boychuk did this with us too. We would put him on the Staal line, and he would "look good", but it never turned into actual production.

Off the top of my head, the longest stretch he had on the top line was ~10 games with Staal back in 2010. He simply didn't register points while up there.

I'm not going to debate whether or not Boychuk got "his shot". But he's accomplished what he is pulling in Pittsburgh in Carolina before. Let's wait and see if it turns into actual production this time before we start calling Shero a genius.

At the same time though, JR really screwed up here. On the one hand, if Boychuk succeeds (and it will be hard not to when playing with Crosby or Malkin), then we lost an NHL player obviously worth something for nothing. And if Boychuk fails, then we have a player who couldn't stick with the team that possesses the two best centers in the League and are in desperate need for talented wingers: in short, we proved that Boychuk has no value.

This is just horrible asset management. I don't know what goes on in practice for them to give up on Boychuk that ****ing fast, but ****, what terrible management! The only outcome that would have worked is if Boychuk cleared, which was dubious at best.

Finlandia WOAT is offline   Reply With Quote