View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 04:37 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Honestly, i'd add not resigning Mueller or Flash.

Flash I could understand moreso since we still had Mueller at the time, but I don't understand why we didn't resign Mueller even with signing Paranteau. Hejduk is gone after next year, he had good chemistry with our players, and we stuck with him through his injury, and right when we gets healthy we let him go?

Another one year contract would've been fine, and I think Mueller would've been more than willing to sign a one year. Especially when you add onto the fact he's fine with giving 8 defenseman 1 way contracts and overpaying guys like Hunwick and SOB.
Management had very good reasons not to retain Wolski, Stewart, Fleischmann, and Mueller, I won't begrudge them that. Problem is if you're going to lose THAT much firepower, you need to do more to address the loss through other means. Parenteau was a step in the right direction, but that's far too little. It's my same gripe about the defense...it's fine if you want to deal the puckmovers, but then do something to address that loss. It's as if Sherman just doesn't understand how to create a balance.