Thread: Seguin
View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 04:37 PM
Montecristo

vCash: 500
My preface for my next statement is that seguin is very snakebitten. He could easily have 5 goals if he wasn't hitting posts or being robbed. But having said that, seguin is not an elite puck handler. Especially in traffic he is soft on the puck, more so than most forwards on the team. I think he would be much more effective playing the point on the power play where he can have a little more room to operate and more successfully utilize both his shot and his on ice vision. Marchand seems to be the player that should be on the halfwall since he is so strong on the puck in traffic and might have the best hands on the team. I'd like to see a Marchand-krecji-Horton PP line with seguin and chara on the point. I think that could be lethal, with Bergeron centering lucic and peverley on the 2nd unit with bourque and Hamilton at the points. (bourque played the point in providence). I think the points will come in bunches for seguin still as this season moves forward but if he could be stronger on the puck as he develops his game he could truly be an elite player in this league. Giroux level at the least. Without improved puck control though, I don't think he'll ever score 40 or reach 90 points

Montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote