View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 05:04 PM
NHL33*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan09 View Post
I understand it's a short sample size but it's just a perfect example of how people on these boards prematurely jump to conclusions.
It was the correct conclusion based on his NHL play -- note: contrary to some people's beliefs not a reaction to '11-12 -- and the limited information available to me. I don't know Matt Duchene as an individual so I have no idea what his personality is, etc., but based on what I knew I would make that conclusion the majority of times than not.

The idea that he would be a passable top-6 center was not denied, whether he would reflect his 3rd overall draft pick was doubted significantly. He has come around and I give him massive credit; defensive effort alone is something very easy to accomplish, and he has started doing that along with demonstration of his playmaking / vision that those who saw him in juniors claimed he had in spades.

Still a small sample size but the types of improvements he is showing (mental) favor credibility. You're free to criticize me as much as you want if Duchene keeps it up, it's fair, bit I don't mind being wrong occasionally and I won't be cowed from putting my opinion out there again either.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote