Thread: Poor CC Tigers
View Single Post
Old
12-16-2003, 06:57 AM
TMHUNH

vCash: 500
Forgive me if I missed some news along the way. But since when does CC want to get rid of their program. The way my eyes see it, they may be forced to get rid of their program, but how in the world would they want to get rid of it??

Fact is...Colorado College is not a D1 school....yet they field a D1 hockey team. By "getting rid" of the team, I assume you mean them being forced to move down to D3. Doing so would make the school unable to issue hockey scholarships, and would no longer be a nationally recognized program. Now assuming since hockey is their only big sport and their only D1 sport it is safe to assume that a VERY large chunk of their revenue is brought in by the hockey program. If I am the AD of CC the last thing I am thinking about is getting rid of my hockey program. I would assume they are scratching,clawing,begging,pleading and doing all they can to stay just how they are.

and BTW....Mike Stuart didn't come out of CC last year, but the year before

Also...I echo your "good luck Noah"...I have had the pleasure of watching him in every game with Manch this year. And he is a great player and a great guy. He deserves it, being from Cali and all...