View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Norse Hockey View Post
I remember Great Britain was competing in the IIHF WC Pool-A once. I think it was back in 93 or 94, I remember it because Norway played a very important game against them and we had to win to avoid getting relegated to Pool-B (now Div.1). Norway won that game, I think the final score was 3-6 or something like that.

Would be nice to see Great Britain in the elite championships again. When a Country like Hungary can be promoted to WC, then I really think that GB has a chance too. Be interesting to watch Div 1 this year and see if they can win their group.
It was in 1994. Back then, most of the roster was not even British, the team was full of Canadians who had been playing in the British league long enough to have citizenship. We have worked really hard in the last 10-15 years to get a team made up of nearly all fully British players back to just below the level we were back then as an established Division 1 nation. We had a really good tournament a couple of years ago where we lost out on promotion after losing to Kazakhstan by 1 goal.

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote