View Single Post
Old
07-03-2006, 09:11 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake View Post
But I think we may have overrated the Gainey and Carbo factor, the fact that we have real leaders now, do not seem to have any effect whatsoever. But again, it's a board so it's mostly speculation 'cause Arnott didn't come here but maybe because Gainey never made an offer????

Would be nice to know, if Gainey open his game, to see which guys were offered something, and if Gainey would go as far as saying that we did offer around the same kind of money they accepted elsewhere, then we'll know....

It's hard for us to say, and I also would like to understand the process a bit more.I believe the CH had become a laughingstock during Corey's last years and re-building the team as a franchise that matters may be a longer process than we thought. I think that building a team from the inside is long and painful. The timing of when to add to a young base is critical, esp. in a cap system.

So,like you, I wonder if BG just hasn't been able to execute plans A,B or C, or if he thinks the market doesn't offer a return on investment. To add salary, you have to send out salary, so maybe the trade market is the way to go.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote