View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 06:59 PM
tyratoku

vCash: 710
So, does anyone have any thoughts on the bottom of the standings? Does anybody want certain teams to get certain players? For me, i'd love to see some teams get a few players that could really help them out:

1. Columbus - MacKinnon : Obviously they need some help and I really think he could do something for them.
2. Philadelphia - Jones : It could really shore up their back end, and I would love for Jones to stay somewhere in the U.S.. Call me whatever you'd like, but I would hate to see Jones go up to a Canadian team. A big, successful black player could do wonders for the American hockey market.
3. Washington - Lindholm : Backstrom, Forsberg, and now Lindholm could really create some type of Team Sweden stuff going on. It would be really, really cool to see. I could also see them trading down a bit to try and grab a Russian to hopefully revitalize Ovi and potentially lure Kuznetsov over the pond.
4. Calgary - Drouin : Canadian boy going to a Canadian team. Could really revitalize that franchise once they lose Kipper and Iginla. They're going to need something to look forward to, and he would be perfect.

Florida and Buffalo are also up there, but I can't really pick specific players for them. Nothing sticks out for me. Other teams that are in that range right now include Los Angeles and Carolina, but I can't see them finishing that low. Dallas and Winnipeg are also in the area of top-10 right now, but they'll be a bit later than that.

I know my picks probably aren't the most likely to happen, but I think that is what would fit best and would also be great storylines that could both benefit the specific teams and the league in general.

If Columbus came out of the draft with MacKinnon, and two out of Erne, Pulock, and Gauthier, it could really turn that franchise around. They have 3 first round picks this year. They should be able to make some big changes, and I am really rooting for them. Anisimov is looking like a top line player. Johanson is looking like someone would could go there as well. They just need one or two more guys like that and some good things will go their way.