View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Mats86

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedraven View Post
I would like to open up a discussion on a subject that may be too sensitive for some,a subject that might illicit knee jerk reactions, but one which I think needs to be at least explored.

IF Markov continues his excellent play AND stays healthy, should we consider trading The General?

Here is my rationale for considering this move:

A) Even if we are in a playoff position this season, we are not likely going to be making the cup finals (let alone winning).

B) If Markov keeps his great season going, his stock is never going to be higher than it will be this trade deadline for a cup contending team. remember, he isn't getting younger

C) Subban and Diaz are likely considered our "future" offensive "go to" guys from the blue line, moving Markov opens up those roles for them to finish the season. This also gives these guys the knowledge over the summer that they will be expected to run the show, which will hopefully give them added motivation to come into camp in great shape and ready to go for next season

D) Giving Markov to a cup contender could net us a strong return since vetran offensive generals like Markov are an always sought commodity. Few years back we traded away Rivet for Gorges and a 1st that turned into Pac. Markov should be able to give us a solid return as well.

E) This is considered a very deep draft year. Snagging at least another 1st round pick could have many advantages

Just to be clear, I am a fan of Markov and I have no problems keeping him going forward as having a healthy Markov on our team makes us better short term. I just think the idea of moving Markov should be at least explored.

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?
Wait a year and see what is going on. By then Tinordi and Beaulieu be ready.

Mats86 is offline   Reply With Quote