View Single Post
Old
07-03-2006, 10:42 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post

But you hit it on the head, there are stereotypes and perceptions of the Province of Quebec that are not always true. Notice how guys we have gotten through drafting and trades over the years have absolutely fallen in love with the city, the Mullers, Rivet, Kovalev, Koivu, etc... Once they
What can management do to woo guys to Montreal. I really think we should fly the free agents and there families in, and take them around town for 2 or 3 days, let them see the whole Montreal experience for what it is, and not dispell some of the perceptions of the city that are hurting it.
I've been wondering the same thing. Is the team hands on enough ? Is there time to accomplish this ? Players are signing fast. That tells me 2 things, players are worried that the offer next week may not equal the offer this week. Agents are talking to teams before July 1. They can't cart families to a cty and maybe they don't have the opportunity to do so.

Are guys like Koivu,Kovalev, being used as resources when talking to other players or is the contact simply GM to agent ? I have heard comments that agents aren't big fans of sending players here, in that taxes affect their bottom line.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote