View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Jurky
#FireHolland

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
First off all, Nyquist has improved tremendously in those areas. He's a 5'11 185lbs player, bigger than Tatar on both accounts. Second of all, you have to start somewhere. Long-term Nyquist will not be a player for the 4th line but it's not out of the question he's gonna start there. Heck, he's already been there.

I don't see the Wings current setup like black(top6) and white(bottom6). Our bottom 6 is currently filled with Abdelkader, Tootoo and four guys who need to score to really contribute as expected. Right now, playing Tatar with Abdelkader and Cleary seems like a good idea. Tatar can bring a spark to them and they can hopefully score a few goals. Not to mention Tomas has deserved a game for two years.

With Helm and Samuelsson back, our 3rd line will start to look more like something capable of scoring. Helm brings energy, Samuelsson is a shooter. I think a guy with two-way ability and playmaking in Nyquist would fit well on a line like that. If Sammy finds his way into the top6 and the 3rd line is Helm and Cleary, then I'd rather want Tatar there.
Since no one in the top 6 is getting bumped, and Helm is still out it leaves Cleary, Eaves, Miller, and TooToo as the suitable guys to sit in order to play Tatar since Emm and Abby are the only centers in the bunch.
Out of those 4 I think the obvious choice to sit is Cleary. Miller and Eaves haven't done much but they bring a helluva lot more to the game than Cleary does, and TooToo is just a beast no way he is sitting.

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote