View Single Post
Old
07-03-2006, 10:18 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post

people made acquisitions, but are you telling me that Toronto suddenly strikes fear into your heart? Boston?
I agree. There is no team in the Eastern conference that looks a ton better than before. New Jersey will have at most, the same team as last year (which is still pretty good), Ottawa lost Chara, but will still be tops in the conference along with the Canes who lost Weight and will likely lose Aaron Ward. They didn't get any better. The Islanders will be better merely because of the coaching, Atylanta lost Savard, New York got Cullen, so that's decent. Overall, however, I don't see any team in the East being all that much better than last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
i think the plan of operation for this team, at this point, should be to play until Forsberg is in the lineup and then make the necessary moves. that is how the A's operate in MLB... they play for a bit, see what their situation is... and make whatever moves they feel are necessary.

the main effect of the salary cap is that it is going to flatten the world. prior to the cap we were one of the more talented teams in the league... last year when healthy this was still so. the world is flattening, get used to it. a good trade involving a guy like Handzus for a winger or defender would be nice, but as i said in the other thread i think Clarke should wait until after Forsberg is to do anything major.
Your view makes the most sense. Like last offseason, everyone wanted to trade Handzus prior to the start of the season which would have been disastrous considering all of the injuries, especially to Primeau. There is no need to trade Handzus now. Teams always need a dependable big center. The demand for him will merely go up when teams have injuries and fail to meet expectations. Keep the team the way it is and make changes during the season, preferable after Forsberg comes back.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote