View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 09:25 PM
drwpreds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
If you can be encouraged about 1 ROW in eight games more power to you.
No- I am absolutely not encouraged about having 1 ROW in 8 games- no way. But the standings are not calculated by regulation wins. As I said, I am encouraged that we have somehow been able to get 9 points in 8 games against a horrific schedule while playing at our absolute worst most nights.

Hard to believe, but only 5 teams have more points than us in the Western Conference right now.

Look, I am just as worried about the offense as you, and I do think we are going to have trouble scoring goals all year. If the Predators were 0-8-0 right now, I would be agreeing with you 100%. If the offense continues to be this bad, I will be screaming about it just like you.

But as I posted in another thread, even without the high powered offense that everyone craves, the Predators have been one of the most successful teams in the NHL in the past 8 years. This may very well wind up being a down year, heck, we are probably due one. I just think it is premature to write the whole season off at this point- that's all.

Again, I realize we are in the negativity thread, but is everyone here just ready to give up on the season?