View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 08:52 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
It was about as easy as you can put it... Wasn't rude and I provided an example. Sorry your thong is riding up.
It was dumb on your part. And like I said... relax.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Any player is available dependant on the return. Having said so, I don't think it will happen because mgmt is so focused on winning culture that they won't trade currents for futures.
Mgmt won't do it if we're even close to the playoffs much less a top seed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
The risks of a potential Markov trade outweigh those of the Rivet for Gorges and Pac trade. Back then, we still had Streit, Markov and Souray, three very liable defensemen who could put up points and were the soul and heart of the powerplay. If we trade Markov now, we put tons of pressure on the returning Subban to produce in the offensive zone. You can also waive goodbye to Diaz's production. We got lucky with how Gorges and Pac turned out to be, and I'm not saying it can't happen again, but the risks are much more higher with a potential Markov departure.
No doubt the risk it greater but so is the reward. And let's not forget that Markov's knee represents a risk on its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
As for mentors, yes, there are many veteran defensemen who could help the up-and-coming youngsters. But how many of them produced multiple Norris-candidate seasons and have the smarts of The General? And, oh, Cube isn't a mentor. He'll be a goner by the time Tinordi and Beaulieu reach the major league.
Markov being a mentor is great, no doubt about it. But it's not important enough that you turn down a great deal that would benefit you in the long run.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote