View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 08:56 PM
inthewings

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
You really are oblivious.

I used Eberle as an example. Apparently I should have used "player X". I was simply stating that your knowledge of evaluating player worth is ludicrous. If a player is actually worth $5M but instead he's paid $6M, that doesn't mean he has negative value, as your illogical post tried to convey. At the same time, a player who is being paid exactly what they are worth does not have zero value.

If Cammalleri scores 45 points in 65 games on an average season and has a cap hit of $6M, he does not have negative value. Sure, the cap hit difference between his actual worth and his actual pay bring his value down, but nothing close to negative value.

If Cammalleri has negative value, Bourque is worth negative 3 first round picks, Gionta negative 4, etc.

You just seem to use whatever method of evaluation that benefits your own players and works to devalue others.
It's about supply and demand. You brought Eberle up, so my response was specific to Eberle - no team would simply walk away from the opportunity to acquire an asset like that because demand is through the roof for players like that, even on the contract he's on.

What's the demand for declining 1-dimensional 20-goal, 45-point players signed this year and next for $7 million in cash and a $6 million in cap space? It isn't very high. The reason why it isn't high is because similar players can be acquired on cheaper contracts at no cost in assets during the offseason.

I also have no idea what Bourque or Gionta have to do with this.

inthewings is offline   Reply With Quote