View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Alan Ryan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Spot on analysis.

If you go back and look at the last 2 games he played before Thursday, it is actually Peverley who has had to constantly shadow him in the same corner leaving Kelly stranded and the other corner wide open for a behind the net pass with transition for the opponent.

When both Kelly and Peverley have to play both wing/center each game plus PK you have a disaster on your hands. Both were gassed and Kelly made a horrible, costly pass to cost us two points.

I want him to succeed and have high hopes for him. However, Kelly and Peverley have played 1 1/2 seasons with each other at such a high level and they didn't just become toxic all of a sudden.

There is no surprise that the third line looked together when he sat.

DKH knows how much I want him to succeed but there's a line you have to draw when it becomes clear that his game just isn't translating to the system and is throwing off two of our more consistent players.

One goal, a gwg, is fantastic but he needs to keep it up for me to be sold. I'll happily eat crow when appropriate but until then, it's nothing but tough love.

Your analysis is also spot on. When Paille played with Kelly and Peverly they looked dangerous.

The Bourque goal was a tap in off a great pass by Kelly.