Thread: PGT: Successful weekend!
View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
To me Eller is more of a Turris type. Didn't get too much ice time in Phoenix, and not necessarily with the best players. Just didn't look like he could put it all together.
Gets to Ottawa, is given the proper linemates and icetime, starts to play better.
Except even Turris in Phx got to play regularly on the PP.

Eller, despite his flaws, was rarely ever placed in an actual offensive role. We've given him scrappers and kinda went with ''let's see what you can do with them'' mentality. I mean really, who expects Eller to explode centering Moen and Armstrong, I mean really.
If this kid wants to show some offensive things with those two, he will pretty much have to do it all on his own. Moen won't set up Eller too often. Might happen once in a while, but that's it.
Eller's bread and butter last year was the PK, and he's not even used there. He has finally been used on the PP these past couple of games and surprisingly (not!), he looks good on it.

Eller might end up being a total flop, nothing more than an average 3rd liner. But before that, it's our duty to get the best of him out. Prust needs to be moved down to 4th line and Eller moved with kids. I think that with Eller, those three could dominate opposition badly.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote