View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 10:51 PM
PAZ

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
Well I guess our top 6 has over the last few years moved Wolski, Stewart, Flash, and Mueller and replaced them with Landeskog, Parenteau, and Downie. If Landy/ROR/Downie (and Jones) were all playing I wouldn't really complain about the forward core they put together. Certainly a lack of skill and creativity but a number of good top 9 players nonetheless.

I think the same (healthy) forward core would look night and day better playing with better puck movement/transition from the blueline and a system that complimented that.
The thing is, there wasn't any need to let Flash and Mueller go. It would've been Landeskog, PAP, Downie, Flash/Mueller, McGinn, Jones. Playing with Duchene/Statsny/RoR. Just gives so many more options to find chemistry in between the lines and a lot more offensive threats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18007 View Post
Yeah, I don't know what I would have done with Mueller or Flash. Mueller I would have probably given him the one year contract, but he really is only one hit away from having his career ended, so I can understand their rationale somewhat. Flash I don't know enough about about. Could he have played here with his PE? Did he want to play here with his PE? Did he want to play here at all? I don't know.

Either way, a lot of question marks with both guys IMO.
I know this sounds bad, but if he did get another concussion which ended his career, it would've only have been a one year contract. We had the cap space, hell even if we do have a budget it still would've been doable. The return would've been a surefire top 6 winger who had skill and size.