View Single Post
Old
02-03-2013, 11:02 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
Why would they want Sheahan when they already have 3 great young centers? I'd think they would want some wingers/defenseman prospects.
They were publically bummed out when we selected Sheahan and I have read about that several times. Adam's development has stalled and they have real problems. I think if we were willing to part with Riley, Stafford would already be in a winged wheel from this time last year. Cannot imagine Holland is high on the idea of trading him. Another name to keep in mind is Pulkkinen. I don't care if they ship him, but he has tremendous chemisty with Armia whenever they have played together in the Finland setup. Remember hearing both those names when we talked Gaustad, but the Wings were trying to move picks and not the crazy value Nashville gave.

I actually think what this points to is that the Panthers have hit a snag in negotiations with Weiss. Who is a very nice player and I am not sure what the return would be. The Sabres spent a lot of time getting bigger, Tatar has some sand, but would be surprised if that is who they are circling.

Grigorenko's placement and their draft hall could have changed that making the Wings more interested. But when an organization develops a man crush they might just be looking at shifting someone out to wing. Hope he isn't out there for either offer, although if the Wings move on Weiss and extend him that changes our organizational charts in a big way.

I would move Andersson in just about any package right now as he looks to have no place in the future of the organization, that is just me though.