View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 12:10 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
I hope you don't think I was talking historically. Even non fans know who the Kings have developed. I'm talking about recently and what is coming up. Recently we have traded away our picks and in the process have failed to come up with blue chip players in our farm system. That's not terrible because in the process we have aquired key players like Carter and Richards in the Schenn trade.

Over the past 3 to 4 years we have traded our only blue chip prospect. We have traded first rounders to get Penner and will be giving up a first rounder in what is called the best draft in 10 years (going in) to get Carter. Sustained success can not be attained without a prospect pool. Vey is nice, bt he's just a talented guy. Toffoli is great but he's still not a blue chipper despite how much we all love him. Pearson is an overager who was not even considered a first round talent. He's played well but he's not an impact player.

I'm not complaining, just making a point.
What is your defintion of recently? I listed 21 players who were developed by the Kings and the oldest -by a few years at that- is Dustin Brown who is 28. It's not like the last skilled player to reach the NHL under the Kings was a decade ago.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote