View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 01:42 AM
penzweiser

vCash: 500
I'm convinced one of Martin, Orpik our Niskanen will be traded, unless despres brings us a young awesome winger with years of control. I'd say that it would less likely be orpik based on what he brings to the team. Which leaves nisky or Martin. Now I realize Martin plays a huge role and is playing well, but nisky brings allot of the same play that Martin does and we have more control of nisky and at a much more reasonable cap hit. He also is still improving. Therefore I think we look for a suitor for Martin. This would be smart as we may look to move him in the offseason anyway. I just think moving Martin its the best move we can make. If we don't move Martin I'd say a first and a d prospect get moved. But we would still have a log jam at the NHL level which isn't necessarily what you want with top prospects just sitting down in WBS.

the other situation I can see is moving a first for a forward, standing pat everywhere else, then looking to deal a defensemen at the draft for a first. This would be ok by me too. This would mean we didn't think there was Assn offer that helped our future out there now.

penzweiser is offline   Reply With Quote