View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 12:56 AM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
jmelm, why do your posts have those weird double-spaces between paragraphs? I keep getting the urge to quote you just to edit them to the usual spacing most on here use.

In regards to the rookies, I think as long as they get their games in, I don't mind them rotating Despres and Bortuzzo in that 6th spot when Niskanen returns. I hope to God that while Nisky's out that both of them dress every game instead of Lovejoy.

Don't get me wrong: I wish that Strait was kept over Lovejoy, and that Lovejoy never steps foot on Pens ice again. But if Lovejoy is really well liked by his teammates and has "locker room" chemistry, I could see them keeping him instead. No biggie having him be the #7 or #8 as long as he's staying in the press-box.

As for rotating Simon and Bort, it all depends on how well they play. Bort has significantly outplayed Despres in the last 2 games, and Despres was particularly bad today. Like it or not, Despres time with Pittsburgh might be coming to temporary end and he could get sent back to WBS, until the next injury/illness/whatever occurs.

The poblem with rotating them is that they play different positions. Despres plays on the left-side, and Bortuzzo on the right, so it messes up the pairings when you swap one guy out for another. Nisky really looks comfortable on the left-side, because he has been playing there all of last year and a lot thoughout his career. Thus, he makes a solid partner for Letang, and I think he'll slide right in there when he comes back. That don't bother me at all, because all that's going to do is raise his value if he can perform well in that role, which many of us believe he can (Bylsma, Letang, and Sid included amongst those in that camp). He'll have more trade value after this season or next if he continues to do that, and comes at a very reasonable cap-hit. Now, hopefully Engelland can adjust to the left-side, so he can play with Bort there.

jmelm is offline   Reply With Quote