View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 01:01 AM
DelZottoHitTheNetJK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
Standard soapbox post

It's more about people overvaluing an asset than it is that "a process that we don't understand".

Ideally, he's a 3rd line center (on a championship team).
This x10. Ranger fans overvalue Stepan just like fans of other teams overvalue their self drafted players. I've been saying the bolded all along. I've also said however that if Stepan VERY consistently plays as he did last night against TB then and only then should he be considered an undisputed 2C. I don't care if he put up 80 points last year playing with Gaborik, he does not have the offensive tools YET to be an elite 2C (or even a very good one). He's either a prototype perfect 3C or a below average 2C. I hope this year he can play like a legitimate 2C and sustain some offense in the top 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
Points aren't everything but I could be wrong about who turns out better overall. Still points alone are brought up way too often and I feel they don't do it justice
No. This is HFboards. Stats are the only thing that count. Secondary assists get extra recognition And I heard the Rangers don't use any scouts, they just go to NHL.com when evaluating player talent.