View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 01:08 AM
Quethas

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Quethas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yoda View Post
I'm interested in your opinions on a few players not eligible for the draft this year. Do you think any of the following can continue Finlands recent habit of multiple first-round choices?

Alex Lintuniemi
Julius Honka
Kasperi Kapanen
Joel Kiviranta
To be honest I think that only Kapanen has the chance to be drafted in first round from these guys. He is the only one who I think is solid enough at all aspects to get a consideration for first round. Skating and skill level seems to be pretty good and also he has gained strength during this year.

For the others, Honka moves the puck nicely and skates pretty well, but the size and defensive play are issues that makes him a lot more uninteresting. Lintuniemi has a good size but I think that skating is a problem and also he should contribute much more regularly offensively. I do like the energy Kiviranta brings, especially considering he skates well but I seriously doubt that he would have that much to offer offensively that he would be first or even second round draft pick. Especially when he is yet another smallish forward who should have some really good qualities to gain interest from North America.

That being said, at this point it seems that all of those players could be drafted but aside from Kapanen, all of them needs to show signs of development during the next year.

Quethas is offline   Reply With Quote