View Single Post
02-04-2013, 01:13 AM
SFY is great
vCash: 500
I was at the most recent game @ Carolina, and 95% of them are good folks. There is the occasional tough guy or someone trying to impress whoever they are with who think I'm from Tampa (I was born and raised in Jacksonville,FL) and try to be clever/run their mouths. I give it right back. The Canes fans are nice with the exception of a few, and like talking hockey if you can show that you know what you're talking about. No troubles wearing a Lightning jersey, and I usually say hey to the 7-8 other people I see wearing Lightning gear.

I have also been to a TBL @ Pit game back in 06-07 at Mellon Arena and got Student Rush tickets for $20 that were 15 rows from the ice behind the Lightning net. Score! This was when the Pens were awful and had no fan base at the games, and I was cheering for the Lightning no problem. I had a few people ask why I was a fan, and when they found out I was a Florida native, that was usually sufficient, and didn't say much else. Pittsburgh fans are hit or miss, but the good ones are usually great folks as well. Old school Pens fans are great to go back and forth with. New Pens fans (who have followed the team less than 5 years) are annoying. When they have no knowledge of Jagr, Lemieux, Barrasso, etc., the comments can be all over the place, and my tolerance is diminished. I can't speak for the Console Energy Center, however, like most places, as long as the person isn't a dick to start, you can usually get along and have good conversations.

jg39 is offline   Reply With Quote