View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 06:18 AM
Darth Joker

vCash: 500
I agree with Lafleurs Guy on this one. I think Lafleurs Guy is correct about how many more good-to-great years of NHL play are likely left in Markov.

Now, because of the quick and sudden rise of the Gallys, this team has the most forward depth and overall balance/talent that it's had in a very, very long time. If we manage to stay in the top half of the league, standings-wise, then trading Markov could be trading a real chance to do well in the playoffs (and I think we do have that chance, given the rise of the Gallys).

OTOH, if we become a playoff bubble team, or worst, then we definitely have to consider trading Markov.

But I honestly hope it doesn't come to that. I hope this Habs team can keep it up! But there's still one test I want to see how this team handles - And that's a long road trip. Our 6-2 start is awesome, but 5 of those wins were at home. Let's see if the team can do it on the road too (I remember how the last shortened season had a Habs team that was gangbusters at home, but horrible on the road).

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote