View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 08:06 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
I don't think any team in NHL would "handle" him a TOP 6 spot. However, how would he earn his spot in TOP 6 with 2 recent 1st overall picks plus canadian hero Eberle who are all same age or even younger than him ahead in the depth chart? Those guys are not being traded anytime soon. Pretty much that leaves 1 spot that is occupied by Hemsky at the moment. And even if Ales is traded, Oilers better find someone with experience and some grit to fill his place.

So, since he's not getting in TOP 6 in Oilers even if he returns to his 2010 form, they are kinda shaping him into a 3rd line grinder with size. And while he is responcible defensivly, he's not really a grinder material.
The depth chart at LW after Taylor Hall is wide open. The real log jam in the organization is at RW. So the door is wide open for Magnus to grab a top six spot, not the other way around. If he cant beat a rookie (Yakupov) or a veteran who has motivational and injury issues (Hemsky), then he really isnt cut out for the job in the first place.

Paajarvi had a top six role handed to him in his rookie season. Its not like he has never been given a chance. If he was in Detroit he may have not even have played a game in the NHL yet.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote