Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Charlie Coyle (sent down on Feb 14)
View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Victorious Secret
Torchetti 4 Prez

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
Fletcher said he wanted a big strong presence for on the boards in the offensive zone. What isn't there to agree with?

This call up isn't and wasn't a solution if there was a Cullen injury. When/If an injury to an offensive forward(Cullen, Bouchard, Koivu...knock on wood) goes down we will see Zucker wear iron range red and forest green.

If we lose a Clutterbuck or Powe then you will see a guy like Veilleux or Jake Dowell.

Its that simple, you call up the player that fits what you need on your team right now that is Coyle's physical presence to help us establish a forecheck and cycling down low in the offensive zone.

This move was to send a message to underperforming players(Setoguchi, Granlund etc..) And try to light a fire under their arses. Hopefully it will.
Bringing up a rookie struggling to score in the AHL is a great move. My apologies. I should not have wanted to bring up a hot Zucker up. To want this team to shoot the puck more and become faster was a totally irresponsible want of mine. Especially since we are the 26th in the league in shots per game. Take in all the other leagues and they are one of the best in the world. Who knew that this team would have to dare to shoot on goal to score? Huh. Beats me. Once again, my apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patp14 View Post
The team is getting dominated in the offensive zone. The first line, besides last game, is the only line to be able to hold on to the puck down low in the offensive zone for more than a single shot on goal. The second line especially isn't able to collect the puck after a chance or even forecheck to retrieve the puck to get a chance. We need Coyle hard working big body to help with our game along the boards. Granlund, Cullen, and Butch can't win any battles down low period. Zucker is scrappy and can shoot but he isn't know for his corner battles or strong defensive play like Coyle is. It doesn't matter who is scoring the most points in the AHL what matters is what they can bring to the table in the NHL that the team needs most.
Bull. Zucker has been good with his boards play and plays a solid defensive game. I don't see any other rookies blocking as many shots as him or sacrificing his body for the team. But if its fiery passion you don't want, then Coyle is a good choice.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote