View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 10:09 AM
NaiveLeafsFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolt View Post
Not unlucky. Kessel is way too predictable and defenses have adapted. You know Kessel isn't going to take it to the net, so all you have to do is cut the angle and get your stick in his shooting lane.

And guess what? Just off memory from watching every game i can safely say about 25-35% of his shots have been deflected or blocked. Not to mention if he does get a shot to the net, its generally from 30 ft+ out.

Until Kessel does something that is a little less obvious, anyone with a brain of how to skate could be put out on defence to stop Kessel because realistically you don't have to worry about him cutting back in towards the slot and taking it to the net, rendering him very easy to defend against. The only thing you have to worry about is that if he miraculously finally gets his shot off, he HAS the ability to pick corners unlike many players in the NHL.

Unfortunately for us, that does not have a high probability and has made him have 0 goals in 8 games. Kessel either needs to drive to the net with his speed to draw a penalty and show that he's a multi threat, or flip the puck into the slot and then snap it on net much like Kadri. If he keeps skating to the outsides, or keeps shooting from 30 ft out, i don't expect him to have many goals at all this season.
Really? You mean the NHL just got the book on Kessel? In his 7th season? Dude has consistently scored 30g a season every year practically.

If he wasn't generating offense or shots I'd be concerned. He leads the league in shots, meaning as soon as they start going in for him his SH% is going to go through the roof along with his goal totals.

You can bet on that