Thread: Proposal: Setoguchi to Pittsburgh
View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Riptide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
And had he been a Pens player, you would have pointed out, correctly, that in those years proceeding his high scoring season, he remained a 20 goal scorer - on pace for 23-25 goals every year. You'd also mention that he came from a team with some if the best top6 depth in the league, and that his scoring last year came despite Minnesota being wrecked by injuries, particularly to their best centers.

Ultimately a young goal scorer perennially clocking 20 plus goals.... That guy will have value above and beyond that of a newly drafted blueliner unless that blueliner has shown something really special. I've been on the 'get Seto for Sid' for a long time, and that's because I think he is good. You're suggesting that we can get a young sniper for our first line for someone who can maybe be a second pairing D-man within 5 years... and they have to add???? If we are talking Niskanen they might go for something like that. More likely straight up.
I see a comparable to the Schenn for JVR threads that were up almost all of last year. And Flyer fans kept on saying Toronto would have to add, and add big. Where at the end of the day it was a straight up 1-1 trade.

Seto for Niskanen. And it pains me to offer him, as I really really like him and would prefer to keep him around.