View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 10:28 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
No, winning 5 faceoffs isn't going to significantly change how tired a team is. Faceoffs can be important but this isn't like soccer where a team gets possession and the other team is chasing for minutes at a time.
when your already a tired team, and you lose draws in your own zone which puts so much added pressure and wear on your players, yes it does make a tired team a very desperate team.

people really are undervaluing zone faceoffs and how losing them can really make or break an outcome. we were chasing much of the game as most of the play was in our zone and when you lose the draws in your own zone you make a long night much much longer.

I am not saying losing faceoffs in your own zone will lose you the game, I am saying that it adds a lot of extra pressure and wear on your players if they are constantly chasing the puck around in their own zone. and if your already tired, it makes things 100 times harder overall to overcome.

we need some help at the dot and we need it soon via trade. Bowman needs to handle that asap.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote