Thread: Derek Stepan
View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
I'm not as high on Stepan as some are , however for what he costs us and what we get from him , his value is solid at this point . His skating eventually might cause him to be a 3rd line Center in a few years or sooner as talent develops for us . I would sooner have Stepan than Anismov and was happy things went down like they did with Columbus . So far this year his play is on par with the rest of the teams performance in the first 2 weeks . I suspect everybody will improve after a couple of games against the Isles and the Devils ...that will tell the tale of just where this team stands with the current roster .
Just curious, because I see this type of attitude being portrayed alot. But, do you think Stepan will get moved down to 3rd line duties because someone better will come along and simply push him down the lineup? And by saying that, are you just totally ignoring what the role of 3rd line center entails for this team?

I ask this because its quite clear that Torts like having a 3rd line checking unit that matches against the oppositions top lines. Im curious as to how Stepan and his "poor skating" would even remotely excel in that role.