Thread: CSN Philly Will Flyers pursue Iginla?
View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 11:44 AM
FlyingHigh28*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...-pursue-iginla

Tim thinks the Flyers will wait 3 more games before deciding. If we go 0-3? Maybe its a possibility. How about 1-2? Probably not. I guess it comes down to, if you think the team is a Iginla away from competing for the cup. I think most of us agree no.
I can't take anything Tim says Seriously, I mean, the guy says this later on in the article:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Panaccio
Now here’s the rub. He has a $7 million cap hit and the Flyers have roughly $1.5 million in cap space.

They would have do something drastic, such as LTIR Chris Pronger and Matt Walker to afford Iginla.
There is absolutely nothing "drastic" about LTIRing Pronger and Matt Walker. It's a routine move. It costs them nothing. It's not a risk in any way.

As to the overall idea proposed by Pinocchio, I just can't see us giving up Laughton for 1/2 season of Iginla. I'd give up picks (not a 1st) and non-top prospects (no Laughton), but other than that, no way.

This is just more baseless Tim speculation because he needs to fill articles. He has no inside sources, he has no clue what's going on. He's a waste.

FlyingHigh28* is offline   Reply With Quote