View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 12:49 PM
Tadite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
One of the Facebook founders lives there now. He even gave up his US citizenship to avoid paying taxes.
Not to be pedantic but that's just a myth. He did give up US citizenship so he could pick up Singaporian but he still had to pay whatever tax he owed when selling all those nice overvalued Facebook shares. The US Goverment, and anyone else, gets paid.

On the topic at hand.

1. Immigration isn't easy. I'd just go to Vancouver or one of the commonwealth country's. About 1.5 million people move the the US but most of them have close family. It's not easy by any means.
2. California is a good bet for business. Just depends on which one. Most the people complaining about the state just have no idea how pathetically bad the rest of the country is. I've lived in 7 states and all of them are worse then California. At least in California we know things can get better. Most places seems to enjoy the poverty or just have no idea of what good means.
3. Californian taxes are low in comparison. This guys from Canada! We've nothing close to what they have up there. He'll even in the US the difference between a top-5 taxed state and the median is a grand total of 1%. Which he wouldn't even be paying because he's to poor to hit the real taxes. California's love to talk taxes... It's complicated but its not higher I think the median is lower but once again the cross state comparisons are strangely constricted. They don't even have a car tax.... Get that Californias? A actually property tax on your car... Every year....
4. LA maybe isn't a fun place to have a life..... San Diego or the Bay are better on every level. Don't bother with the IE, OC or god help you the Central Valley.
5. The Pacific Northwest is Mecca. I'd move to Seattle or Portland in a second. LA I'd have to think long and hard about. Still the West Coast is the best coast.....
6. Rent isn't high. I know it seems that way but because of housing prices when you get a place you get something for the money. In my current place the only people who don't own are so desperate they'll take anything. So to find someplace that's isn't covered in mold you pay more then in CA. It's why those generic rental stats are very problematic. O yea. Cost of living is higher on the EC. Foods more expensive, gas is the same darn price, every utility is higher, and we actually have the cost of cold weather. Something that's amazingly expensive. Cost of living stats are shockingly bad.

Last edited by Tadite: 02-04-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote