View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Clowe is another older guy. The top 9 is already crowded that we can bare fit Eller in there. Unless one of Gio, Cole or Bourque gets moved, there isn't much room for Clowe to play here. Also having these 4 vets on the wings blocks upward mobility of any other prospect who can make the team.

Habs should focus more on diversifying their blueline next season. Any money spent on a forward should be for a game changer.
First of all, Clowe is 30. It's not what I would consider an "older guy". He's a veteran.

Then, Cole has already expressed his intentions of considering retirement this summer. Gionta's time is coming to an end to, wouldn't be surprised to see him getting moved this summer, as his game doesn't fit a team using a 2-men forecheck. He's basically useless on the forecheck and his chances/goals come off a rush more often than not.

Let's not kid ourselves. After Gally and Chucky, there's not much coming from the farm in the immediate future. Bournival, Bozon, Collberg, etc. are all 2 years away. I'd actually entertain moving Eller or another player to make some room to a guy like Clowe. He fits this team's identity perfectly.

Gallagher - Galchenyuk - Clowe
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Prust - Dumont/White - Moen

Now that would be an interesting lineup to look at. Great depth, an overall great mix between grit and talent. As for Eller, well if he's in your plan switch him and Desharnais or any other player. But that's a great lineup in my mind. Especially with a guy like Gionta going out after next season.

I know it's obviously not the case, but if I were GM, Gionta would be the guy going out. Very good player, very good leader and a warrior out there, but his play just doesn't fit our identity, based on hard pressure and heavy forecheck.

Last edited by Son Oncle Jerry: 02-04-2013 at 12:35 PM.