View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 12:26 PM
dire wolf
be cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
In Montreal, Vanek's shifts were cut down in the 3rd period of a blow out. The Sabres were playing the next day. It was the right move.

Hecht was also taking all shifts in scenarios where Florida was likely to use Weiss on offensive zone draws (Hecht was 3 of 4 vs Weiss). Later, in the game, Florida countered with Goc once, and Hecht still won the draw.

Looking at the time on ice, and deriving an opinion simply from that... is usually a dumb thing to do.
Thank you for adding some thoughtfulness to this issue, which is so often misunderstood and mis-used.

Also, it is at least possible that Vanek would be less effective if given too much ice time. If he is even slightly too fatigued, it would effect his speed and strength. I'm not saying I know that to be the case, but it is possible. I do know this - Vanek is already scoring more than I think it is realistic to count on. I doubt adding a lot of minutes for him is going to change our game results. Put another way -- lack of production from Vanek is not even close to being one of our problems. And, given how great he is rolling, I'd be scared to change his ice time signifcantly for fear of screwing him up.

dire wolf is online now   Reply With Quote