View Single Post
02-04-2013, 12:57 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
The apparent dislike for the Leafs is obvious among this crew, but I'm not sure why people let it bother them.

Being a Leaf fan requires thick skin by nature of the beast, as its a requirement that comes with the following.

When our Leafs are winning again some day, the commentary will change accordingly as it will no longer be as easy to take shots at the team. Losing breeds contempt and that is only resolved by winning.

As bad as this group is, the Leaf homer broadcast crew Bob Cole etc. takes things to the opposite extreme in support, and that likely turns off national viewers as much. Therefore likely the reason CBC switches up the announcers on occasion to give a broader perspective to all.. IMO
Very true, being in the Ottawa area I have been somewhat surprised to see the dislike of the Leafs deepen over the last few years as bad as things have been for us. My town (Brockville) is about 1/4 Leafs 1/4 Habs and maybe a little more Sens with the rest others the one thing the other 75% have in common is they all hate Toronto and the Leafs in particular. Makes for fun discussion.
I sometimes wonder that maybe this somewhat negative bent re the Leafs isn't pandering to the rest of the country with the notion that there was a Leaf centric bent to HNIC in the past. Which of course there was in those shining moments that the team was actually good.

garce is offline   Reply With Quote