View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 12:58 PM
SJeasy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
I agree with everything but those points. It didn't look like Galiardi or Sheppard had any issues with getting outskated, and Galiardi and Wingels both act as the F1 in games.
I also don't think Wingels isn't getting shots because of puck control. He isn't getting shots because so far this season, he hasn't been getting into scoring positions. Like you noted about the D, Wingels looks like he's playing it too safe. Instead of taking risks and going into scoring chances, he's just cycling along the boards with Handzus until they eventually turn it over.
Galiardi is losing almost every board battle as well. I am not talking about being outskated for 200 feet, just the short distances on puck retrieval. Try to retrieve and move and they don't move before the defender has them tied up. Too long to get control. Wingels also fell off on his board work just before he was benched. It has been getting uglier.

Thanks for picking up on the issue of admixture with coaching philosophy on playing safe which includes the forwards.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote