Thread: Eller
View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Kjell Dahlin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Only because Therrien decided it. It's not like Eller played an entire season and was crap in comparison to the other two players, Therrien made up his mind after 1 game. In fact Therrien made up his mind in the summer when he insisted that Eller would be used on the wings.

Give Eller a role and he will fill it. Keep bouncing him around and he'll look like a player that bounces around. When given the 3rd line centre role, he filled it. When given the winger role the last few games, he was starting to fill it. What role Eller has is up to the coach, but Therrien already made up his mind after one game. Sounds very similar to what Martin did with Sergei, O'Byrne, D'agostini etc etc yet people aren't complaining for what Therrien has done.
You don't have to convince me that Eller is a good player but right now, with everyone healthy and especially against tough teams like Boston, finding him a spot is a hard task. As I mentioned in another thread, depth does imply sending a good player in the press box. And yes, Eller is a good player.

The only thing Eller can do is keep on working hard, wait for an opening, as a C or on wings, and force himself back in the lineup.

Btw I would agree with you IF the team was losing games.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote