Thread: Confirmed with Link: The Omark Thread: Willing to play in the AHL?
View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 01:17 PM
ekcut

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ekcut
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post
Haha. "WHAT'S WRONG WITH ALL YOU GUYS?! I'VE ALREADY RENDERED A FINAL VERDICT ON THIS GUY SO EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM."

If you say so ...

I think Omark as a 3rd liner makes little sense. He needs top 6 minutes with skilled line mates to succeed. When he got that role toward the end of his first season with the Oilers, he had success. Last season, he played 1 game on his off wing on the top line and spent the rest of his time either badly injured, in the press box, or playing with Horcoff or Belanger. I have no clue what you think you saw in his work ethic that makes him destined for failure at the NHL level. Are you a coach with the club? Were you there at practice? Or maybe you're just making stuff up to attempt to justify your opinion.

There's obviously no place for Omark on this club any more, but I think it's likely he gets another shot in the NHL next year. If it's a good fit and he is put in a position to succeed, then I wouldn't be surprised to see him play for 3-6 seasons. If not, then yeah, I can see him heading back to Europe for the rest of his career.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to him not being Oilers property soon, so we can stop arguing about the kid. The fan boys and haters Linus has attracted from this fan base make it extremely unpleasant to discuss him here.
Logic... This post has some!

This post should be stickied in every Omark thread.

He isn't useless, he isn't a star, he isn't lazy, and he doesn't have all world talent.
He is a borderline NHL player who if given the right situation, can be a valuable player. He just wont get that chance in Edmonton because we have too many simular but better players.
On the '96 Oilers he'd have a roster spot. On this team he doesn't.

ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote