View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 01:23 PM
mapleleaf979

vCash: 500
When Kessel was traded from Boston to Toronto, I read NESN sports pages to get a full perspective on this trade. One thing I will never forget is a David Krejci quote from an interview regarding PHil Kessel. He said that if u hit and play Kessel physical, "he quits".

Kessel has become very predictable, skate hard down the wing and fire a 30 foot wrist shot. The predictable part is reminding me of Jason Blake. He did the same thing, hard down the wing and take a low percentage shot that isnt fooling anyone. The thing is, why does he continue to do that. Kessel at times comes across as a spoiled brat, talking to himself and barking at his team-mates. I'll be fine if he is traded in the next year.

The Leafs have gaping holes at the #1 center and cornerstone defenseman spots. Boston fleeced us on that KEssel Deal. SEguin is the #1 center the LEafs would love to have, and Dougie Hamilton is going to be a future stud, with an incredibly diverse tool set. This trade still bothers me. The biggest mistake Burke made was thinking this team was not a bottom feeder and instead of a mid round pick, gave #2 and #9. Two studs for a one dimensional player who is spoiled.