Thread: Confirmed with Link: Nick Palmieri + Darroll Powe for Mike Rupp
View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Beegoalie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Wow. Didn't expect this, especially after we traded a 3rd for Powe.

We really should've gotten more back, like a late pick or something. Otherwise, adding Palmieri didn't really make sense.

I guess some veteran leadership, size and grit is never a bad thing, plus Rupp - Konopka - Mitchell should be a real pain to play against... Hmmh. Still don't see him as an upgrade over Powe, at least not an upgrade worth a promising young player like Palmieri.

But as others have said, there's got to be more to this.
Palmieri was long on his way out of town after his not reporting stunt that he threw after a holdout. They have been shopping him since guaranteed.

Powe really didn't bring much to this team other than his PK abilities..and we have a lot of guys that can play on the PK so it doesn't really hurt us.

Plus we rid a contract and now have flexibility to make a move later on down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Meh.

Rather have Powe simply because he can play center. I'm not sure Rupp is a center.

Stupid move but something had to give.

"The wheels on the bus go round and round..."
Powe was never a good center. Rupp actually has played more center and is a decent faceoff guy. Although I see him as wing on the Wild it can't hurt to have more depth there.

Beegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote