View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 02:17 PM
redbull
game on

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
I was a big KO fan, but it's becoming clearer and clearer that he's not going to be the player he was on track to become before his injury. He makes panicked and rushed decisions with the puck and lacks the confidence to drive to the net effectively. He's not an answer for the 1st line.

It's really too bad because 2 years ago, he was tenacious and relentless and just really needed to sharpen his offensive game.
Yeah. He's really deteriorated as a player. I'm not sure if it's rust, chemistry. Maybe, like MOST players, he won't reach the maximum upside fans hoped for when he was drafted....but let's face it, this is still a good hockey player and a valuable NHL player.

He was horrid the first half of last season, then got on a hot streak at the end of the year. He's always been streaky but this year, he's really been out of sorts. He fumbled the puck all the time, makes poor decisions, bad passes, he's falling and knocked off the puck a lot and can't seem to get his shot off quick enough. That part he's always had trouble with at the NHL level (and, when he does shoot, he hits the post more times than the mesh)

I don't like the chemistry with JT & MM, so hopefully that changes.

Otherwise, I think he's an Islander and can be a valuable Islander anywhere in the lineup, give or take.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote