Thread: Confirmed with Link: Nick Palmieri + Darroll Powe for Mike Rupp
View Single Post
Old
02-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
That was an awful, awful game. But one game.

Either way, if the Wild lack speed, swapping out a fourth liner isn't the answer. Or if they lack size, swapping out a fourth liner isn't the answer. Or if they lack goal scoring, swapping out a fourth liner isn't the answer.

Really, I think this is about freeing up a contract spot.

And I really do think Kassian will be moved soon. He can't get out of the press box, Rupp is a similar type of player, Konopka plays that role too...

Russo's Thoughts:

Quote:
[Powe] was playing a fourth-line role this year, limited minutes, was expendable and frankly his game is limited. As coach Mike Yeo said this morning before the trade, his game hasn’t been sharp this year.

Palmieri, to me, is just a non-factor. He held out last summer. He refused to report to Houston initially after being cut from camp. As I wrote a few weeks ago, he was on the outs and had no future in Minnesota. It was just a matter of time before the Wild moved him.

As for Matt Kassian, his future may also be elsewhere at this point. He’s being scratched in his ninth consecutive game tonight. At some point, the Wild either needs to move him or put him on waivers to give him a chance at being claimed elsewhere. He deserves it. He’s a good soldier, a great character guy, etc.

But if you need to get grittier on the wall and the Wild’s calling up players and making trades rather than putting Kassian in, it’s clear the writing’s on the wall and the end of his line in Minnesota could be on the horizon.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote